Spanish Immersion Camp in Spain June 11 to June 25
Barling School is a language academy located just outside of Madrid, Spain. Barling’s mission is to aid high schoolers with learning another language through all-inclusive immersion programs.
Chaperone: Jennie de Diago lives in Charleston and taught English at the Barling School in Madrid for many years. In addition to taking American students to Spain, she also coordinates and supervises Spanish exchange students staying with Charleston host families.
Local Coordinator will chaperone the group from start to finish:
● The group will leave Charleston June 11, 2019 and will return June 25, 2019.
● Total cost is $3, 599 for all items mentioned in this brochure.
● Deadline to register is February 25, 2019
● Eligible students are rising high school freshmen through graduating high school seniors.
All Inclusive Program Includes:
● Daily Spanish classes (7 total)
● 7 Cultural excursions including Plaza Mayor, El Mercado de San Miguel, el Palacio, Prado Museo, shopping & more
● Full day in Toledo w/ Cathedral tour
● Full day in Segovia w/ Castle tour
● Farewell party at el Parque de atracciones en Casa de Campo (amusement park)
● Daily authentic meals
● Homestay with hand selected Spanish host family
● Medical and travel insurance
● Round trip airfare
All bus and metro transportation
14 Days in Beautiful Spain
This 14 day program connects learning, living and exploring the sought after places in around the Madrid area.Students will be staying with a host family in a small, safe upper middle class town called Majadahonda which is 20 minutes by bus from the busy city of Madrid. Spending evenings with ahost family will allow the student toget a true feel for the culture by experiencing every day life with a Spanish family.Most Spanish children begin learning English at age 6 so many families may want to practice their English as well